BIA MEETING, APRIL 20, 2011
The Trustees of the Blackwell Industrial Authority met in regular session on Wednesday, April 20, 2011, at 8:00 A.M., in the Chamber Conference Room, 120 S. Main, Blackwell, Oklahoma.
The following Trustees were present:
Chairman Darrel Grossardt, Vice-Chairman Ross Cline, Secretary-Treasurer Greg Sandy, 1st Asst. Secretary Mike Loftis, 2nd Asst. Secretary Mike Jeffers
Jeff Seymour, Nancy Thompson, Jim Menzer, Bill Williams, Claude Williams
The meeting was opened by Chairman Darrel Grossardt at 8:00 A.M.
Mike Jeffers made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. Ross Cline seconded the motion. Motion carried. Voting for: Cline, Grossardt, Jeffers, Loftis and Sandy. Voting against: None.
Jeff Seymour reported on the recent Heartland Training Course on Economic Development which he attended in Kansas City on a scholarship furnished by OEDC.
Jeff Seymour also reported that the sinkhole at Malibu Trucking has been filled and repaired at a cost of $1,872 by G & C Concrete.
HMT Tank has completed their move into the office space at 408 N. 20th St.
Jim Menzer reported that money is still being received Al Caldwell on his garnishment. He hopes to receive the Brownfield Certificate for the Los Angeles Boiler Works property from ODEQ today.
Ross Cline made a motion to approve the Blackwell Industrial Park Phase III agricultural lease with Hiatt Farms. Mike Loftis seconded the motion. Motion carried. Voting for; Cline, Grossardt, Jeffers, Loftis and Sandy. Voting against: None.
2. Discuss and take action on Consent Agenda:
3. Vote to approve February 16, 2011 Minutes.
4. Vote to approve February, 2011 Financial Report.
5. Chairman’s Report
6. Director’s Report
- Heartland Economic
- Development Course
- ODEQ Brownfield process
7. Attorney’s Report
8. Discussion and possible action on Blackwell Industrial Park Phase III agricultural lease.
9. Discussion and possible action on HMT Lease Agreement.
10. Discussion and possible action on declaring Xerox copier surplus.
11. Discussion and possible action on sinkhole repair at 408 ½ N. 20th St.
12. Consideration and possible action to enter into an executive session authorized by Oklahoma Statutes, Title 25, Section 307 ( C ) (10), regarding the following:
- Matters pertaining to economic development, including the transfer of property, financing, or the creation of a proposal to entice a business to locate within the BIA’s jurisdiction.
- Motion to convene executive session.
- Motion to reconvene open meeting.
- Action, if any, from executive session.
- Discussion and possible action on 1545 W. Doolin building lease.
13. Other new business in accordance with Oklahoma’s Open Meeting Act, Title 25, of the Oklahoma Statutes, Section 301-314.
14. Motion to adjourn.