BIA MEETING, JUNE 14 2011
The Trustees of the Blackwell Industrial Authority met in regular session on Wednesday, June 15, 2011, at 8:00 A.M., in the Chamber Conference Room, 120 S. Main, Blackwell, Oklahoma.
The following Trustees were present:
Chairman Darrel Grossardt, Vice-Chairman Ross Cline, Secretary-Treasurer Greg Sandy, 1st Asst. Secretary Mike Loftis
Jim Menzer, Jeff Seymour, Steve Marquardt, Nancy Thompson, Nixie Goff, Bill Williams, Claude Williams
Members not present:
2nd Asst. Secretary, Mike Jeffers
The meeting was opened by Chairman Darrel Grossardt at 8:00 A.M.
Greg Sandy made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. Ross Cline seconded the motion. Motion carried. Voting for: Cline, Grossardt and Sandy. Voting against: None.
Darrel Grossardt reported on the hi-rail trip taken by Neal Hall, Scott Nauer, Darrel Grossardt and Jeff Seymour on the BNGRR from Blackwell to Wellington, KS. ODOT is satisfied with the repairs made to the rail line to date. The soil remediation has been completed around the depot area. BNGRR is still storing some cars on the rail in the Kansas area. The group did observe that the former washout area is going to need some repair.
Mike Loftis came in at 8:05 A.M.
Jeff Seymour stated that Kalea McBride has been hired to help gather data for the ODOC certification of the Blackwell Industrial Park.
Jeff Seymour also reported that the Oklahoma Corporation Commission and OERB have been contacted about four oil and gas sites on the Blackwell Industrial Park Phase III property. Hewitt Energy was the last owner of the gas wells. BIA staff is in the process of attempting to cap these wells as abandoned sites.
Jim Menzer reported that the LABW Brownfield Certificate has been received from ODEQ.
Mike Loftis made a motion to approve the budget for the 2011-2012 fiscal year. Greg Sandy seconded the motion. Motion carried. Voting for: Cline, Grossardt, Loftis and Sandy. Voting against: None.
Jeff Seymour reported that an estimate has been received from Steve Loftis to complete upgrades on the BIA website at a cost of $1,993.95.
Ross Cline made a motion to go into executive session at 8:15 A.M. Greg Sandy seconded the motion. Motion carried. Voting for: Cline, Grossardt, Loftis and Sandy. Voting against: None.
Mike Loftis left at 8:52 A.M.
Ross Cline made a motion to reconvene the open meeting at 8:53 A.M. Greg Sandy seconded the motion. Motion carried. Voting for: Cline, Grossardt and Sandy. Voting against: None.
There being no further business, Ross Cline made a motion to adjourn at 8:54 A.M. Greg Sandy seconded the motion. Motion carried.
2. Discuss and take action on Consent Agenda: a. Vote to approve May 18, 2011 Minutes.
b. Vote to approve May, 2011 Financial Report.
3. Chairman’s Report
4. Director’s Report
5. Attorney’s Report
6. Discussion and possible action on amended Spirit Bank loan renewal at 1545 W. Doolin.
7. Discussion and possible action on Spirit Bank CDARS investment account renewal.
8. Discussion and possible action on Blackwell Industrial Park Phase III zoning.
9. Discussion and possible action on reappointment of Mike Jeffers and Darrel
Grossardt to BIA Board of Trustees for additional three-year term.
10. Consideration and possible action to enter into an executive session authorized by Oklahoma Statues, Title 25, Section 307 ( C ) (10), regarding the following:
a. Matters pertaining to economic development, including the transfer of
property, financing, or the creation of a proposal to entice a business to
locate within the BIA’s jurisdiction.
i. Motion to convene open meeting.
ii. Motion to reconvene open meeting.
iii. Action, if any, from executive session.
11. Discussion and possible action on 1545 W. Doolin lease.
12. Discussion and possible action on 1545 W. Doolin building improvements.
13. Discussion and possible action on local incentive to Los Angeles Boiler Works to offset
Building permit cost for expansion at 707 N. 20th Street and landscaping cost on north
Side of existing Buildings
14. Other new business in accordance with Oklahoma’s Open Meeting Act, Title 25, of the
Oklahoma Statutes, Section 301-314.
15. Motion to adjourn.